New Jersey News
2 teens killed by NJ Transit train in Wayne
WAYNE (WABC) -- Two teens were killed when they were struck by a train on a New Jersey Transit train bridge in Wayne Sunday night.
Police say the victims were killed while on the bridge that travels over Route 46 at around 9:45 p.m. They were pronounced dead at the scene.
A third teen, a 15-year-old from Little Falls, was taken to St. Joseph's Hospital with non life-threatening injuries sustained in the incident.
Route 23 north and Route 46 east were closed in the area during the investigation.
The survivor told first responders that the teens were walking on the tracks when they saw the train coming and ran, but that two of them didn't make it off the bridge in time.
Police have not said why they were on the tracks or where they were headed.
new jersey, wayne, new jersey transit, new jersey news
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Malaysian Airlines asks for help in hunt for missing plane
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Brothers plead guilty in Orthodox Jewish divorce scandal 24 min ago
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Good Samaritans rescue woman from burning car
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos