New Jersey News
2 teens killed by NJ Transit train in Wayne
WAYNE (WABC) -- Two teens were killed when they were struck by a train on a New Jersey Transit train bridge in Wayne Sunday night.
Police say the victims were killed while on the bridge that travels over Route 46 at around 9:45 p.m. They were pronounced dead at the scene.
A third teen, a 15-year-old from Little Falls, was taken to St. Joseph's Hospital with non life-threatening injuries sustained in the incident.
Route 23 north and Route 46 east were closed in the area during the investigation.
The survivor told first responders that the teens were walking on the tracks when they saw the train coming and ran, but that two of them didn't make it off the bridge in time.
Police have not said why they were on the tracks or where they were headed.
new jersey, wayne, new jersey transit, new jersey news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way 5 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire
- Suspect charged with assaulting cop with cane 46 min ago
- NJ restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Staten Island buyback collects nearly 100 guns 9 min ago
- Police hunt driver in deadly Queens hit and run
- South Africans pray for Mandela in day of mourning 26 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Newtown groups open week of 'acts of kindness' 42 min ago
- Eric Gelinas' OT goal helps Devils beat Rangers
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
5 min ago