New Jersey News
Three trucks collide on the New Jersey Turnpike
EAST BRUNSWICK (WABC) -- Three trucks collided and erupted in flames on the New Jersey Turnpike in East Brunswick early Friday.
The accident happened shortly before 6:00 a.m. between exits 8a and 9 in the northbound lanes of the New Jersey Turnpike.
One of the tractor-trailers caught fire and the flames spread to the other two.
Fortunately, no one suffered any injuries in the accident, according to state police.
The northbound truck lanes remained shut down as crews worked to put out the fire and clean up the accident.
It also happened right next to the Joyce Kilmer Service Area, trapping people from being able to get back on to the turnpike until the scene could be cleared.
new jersey, east brunswick, new jersey turnpike, accident, new jersey news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted 36 min ago
- Barrios-Paoli tapped to head health and human services
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral 32 min ago
- Budget vote approved in the House 59 min ago
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees