New Jersey News
Three trucks collide on the New Jersey Turnpike
EAST BRUNSWICK (WABC) -- Three trucks collided and erupted in flames on the New Jersey Turnpike in East Brunswick early Friday.
The accident happened shortly before 6:00 a.m. between exits 8a and 9 in the northbound lanes of the New Jersey Turnpike.
One of the tractor-trailers caught fire and the flames spread to the other two.
Fortunately, no one suffered any injuries in the accident, according to state police.
The northbound truck lanes remained shut down as crews worked to put out the fire and clean up the accident.
It also happened right next to the Joyce Kilmer Service Area, trapping people from being able to get back on to the turnpike until the scene could be cleared.
new jersey, east brunswick, new jersey turnpike, accident, new jersey news
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Brooklyn Bridge reopens after car fire
- Residents protest bike sharing program
- Bruins eliminate Rangers with 3-1 win in Game 5
- 3 more men arrested in slaying of British soldier in London
- Sandy-damaged New York Aquarium reopens this weekend
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- Christie and Snooki face off at Jersey shore
- Protesters across globe rally against Monsanto 10 min ago
- abcnews: Cruise Passenger Bill of Rights Introduced
- Photos: Kickoff to a Long Island Summer photos