New Jersey News
Union Township robbery caught on camera
UNION TOWNSHIP, N.J. (WABC) -- A violent and terrifying robbery was caught on camera at a check cashing store in New Jersey.
The brazen frightening armed robbery took one minute and 15 seconds but it also took years off Carmel DeRonceray's life.
Two weeks ago, three menacing robbers stormed a Quick Check store in Union Township, New Jersey.
They jumped the counter, fired their gun, and demanded the day's receipts.
One of the clerks opened both cash registers and the men swiped what bills they could and took off.
The bullet fired proved this was no practical joke.
Workers are now hoping for more security at night.
Eyewitness News is told the robbers made off with about $800 from the store.
The night before this robbery, the suspects robbed a local gas station.
Detectives hope someone will recognize the men before they strike again.
new jersey, union, robbery, new jersey news, lucy yang
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster 59 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC 50 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
59 min ago