New Jersey News
Flight returns to Newark gate after fire scare
NEWARK (WABC) -- Continental Flight 1411 had to be brought back to the gate at Newark Liberty International Airport Thursday night after a warning light indicated a fire in the cargo hold.
The plane's automatic fire suppression system was deployed as a result of the warning light. The Port Authority says there was never a fire.
The airplane was taxiing to the runway en route to San Antonio at the time.
None of the passengers were injured.
new jersey, newark liberty international airport, new jersey news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos