New Jersey News
Flight returns to Newark gate after fire scare
NEWARK (WABC) -- Continental Flight 1411 had to be brought back to the gate at Newark Liberty International Airport Thursday night after a warning light indicated a fire in the cargo hold.
The plane's automatic fire suppression system was deployed as a result of the warning light. The Port Authority says there was never a fire.
The airplane was taxiing to the runway en route to San Antonio at the time.
None of the passengers were injured.
new jersey, newark liberty international airport, new jersey news
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx 23 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead 33 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Jersey City water main break isolated; Water back on 1 min ago
- Twin babies tossed from fire in Bronx apartment 14 min ago
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky 58 min ago
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Bloomberg delivers last major speech at Mayor
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest 6 min ago
- Blind man and dog rescued will stay together 18 min ago
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
58 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
33 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos