New Jersey News
NJ university to hold Bruce Springsteen collection
WEST LONG BRANCH, N.J. -- A New Jersey university will be the new home for nearly 15,000 documents associated with Bruce Springsteen.
Books, concert programs, magazines and newspaper articles formerly kept at the Asbury Park Public Library will be moved to Monmouth University in West Long Branch on Nov. 1.
The material has outgrown the library, which offered viewing by appointment only.
The university's Bruce Springsteen Special Collection will be accessible to anyone and have enough space for it to grow to include recordings, film footage and other documents.
Monmouth University President Paul Gaffney II says the school's music industry students will benefit greatly from having access to the documents.
The university is about five miles from Asbury Park, where Springsteen performed in his early days.
new jersey, bruce springsteen, new jersey news
- East Harlem investigators seeking clues in basement 2 min ago
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- Brooklyn shooting leaves 4 boys wounded
- NYC Sanitation Commissioner John Doherty retiring
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Malaysian leader: plane's system deliberately disabled
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $400 million
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey
- East Harlem investigators seeking clues in...
2 min ago