New Jersey News
NJ university to hold Bruce Springsteen collection
WEST LONG BRANCH, N.J. -- A New Jersey university will be the new home for nearly 15,000 documents associated with Bruce Springsteen.
Books, concert programs, magazines and newspaper articles formerly kept at the Asbury Park Public Library will be moved to Monmouth University in West Long Branch on Nov. 1.
The material has outgrown the library, which offered viewing by appointment only.
The university's Bruce Springsteen Special Collection will be accessible to anyone and have enough space for it to grow to include recordings, film footage and other documents.
Monmouth University President Paul Gaffney II says the school's music industry students will benefit greatly from having access to the documents.
The university is about five miles from Asbury Park, where Springsteen performed in his early days.
new jersey, bruce springsteen, new jersey news
- AccuWeather Alert: Flash flood warning for NYC 23 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Suspect in custody in Queens bus shooting
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy
- Threat prompts lockdown at Saddle Brook schools 37 min ago
- UK: London terror attack suspects had been probed
- West Point soldier charged with videotaping women
- Anthony Weiner courts voters in Harlem Thursday
- Queens businessman kidnapped and tortured
- Photos: Accuweather forecast in pictures
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Photos: Top Pictures of the Week
- AccuWeather Alert: Flash flood warning for...
23 min ago