New Jersey News
NJ university to hold Bruce Springsteen collection
WEST LONG BRANCH, N.J. -- A New Jersey university will be the new home for nearly 15,000 documents associated with Bruce Springsteen.
Books, concert programs, magazines and newspaper articles formerly kept at the Asbury Park Public Library will be moved to Monmouth University in West Long Branch on Nov. 1.
The material has outgrown the library, which offered viewing by appointment only.
The university's Bruce Springsteen Special Collection will be accessible to anyone and have enough space for it to grow to include recordings, film footage and other documents.
Monmouth University President Paul Gaffney II says the school's music industry students will benefit greatly from having access to the documents.
The university is about five miles from Asbury Park, where Springsteen performed in his early days.
new jersey, bruce springsteen, new jersey news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos