New Jersey News
Bon Jovi opens pay-what-you-can kitchen in NJ
RED BANK (WABC) -- Rock star and New Jersey native Jon Bon Jovi opens his pay-what-you-can community kitchen in Red Bank Wednesday.
There are no prices on the menu. The idea is simple. If you can pay, great. Leave a donation. If you can't, volunteer in the kitchen or somewhere else in the community and get a gift certificate to the restaurant.
Bon Jovi and his wife ran two pilot programs in Red Bank to assess the community's needs and it's response. Two years later, they renovated this former auto body shop and built the Jon Bon Jovi Soul Kitchen.
Bon Jovi didn't just front the money and let someone else run the place. He actually runs it and works in the kitchen.
The menu is healthy and nutritious. Some ingredients are grown in a garden. Others are donated by whole foods.
You'll find everything from garden state gumbo to pork chops and homemade carrot cake.
If Bon Jovi has his way, there will be soul kitchens all over the country, even the world!
If you would like more information about the Soul Foundation or if you would like to make a donation, please visit www.jonbonjovisoulfoundation.org.
new jersey, red bank, bon jovi, hunger, soul foundation, new jersey news, phil lipof
- Hofstra remembers Andrea Rebello at graduation 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Dreary Night
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Metro North: Conn. train outage expected for days
- Tornadoes hit Kansas, Oklahoma; no injuries reported 59 min ago
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus identified
- Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- Man falls out window during Broadway show
- 3 wounded after shooting in Bedford-Stuyvesant
- Bruins top Rangers 5-2
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers