New Jersey News
Hundreds of jobs available at local arenas
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (WABC) -- A job fair in New Jersey didn't go exactly as expected on Thursday.
Hundreds of positions are available at local stadiums and arenas, and you don't need any experience.
With the struggling economy, the employers can't figure out why there was such a low turnout.
Temporary jobs are available here at MetLife Stadium, Red Bull Arena, and the PNC Bank Arts Center, making $3,000 to $4,000.
Applicants can start working as early as Tuesday, but frankly, the staffing agency in Paramus say they expected a bigger response from people who need a job.
This is the silent fury of filling out a job application, heads are bent, pens are racing, and a few people may even break a sweat.
20-year-old Anthony Melendez is a definitely bundle of nerves.
"I had no idea it was going to be this job, but it was really hard," said Anthony Melendez, a Newark resident.
The two dozen people who showed up at Staff Icons in Paramus Thursday morning are hungry, but the agency still doesn't have enough bodies for the all of the positions they need to fill: 250 slots.
"We want them to show up in mass, offering a solution," said Kevin Cannon, of Staff Icons.
These are temporary jobs, paying $10 working at concession stands for stadium events.
There is no formal interview, applicants just need to register.
Those who sell alcohol will need to take a one-day training class.
However, Cannon says the agency does get a large response from professionals like teachers, even engineers who are looking to make ends meet.
Remember, do not call or show up to MetLife Stadium, you have to register with Staff Icons in Paramus.
They are hosting another open house Friday in Paramus from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
For more information on the available positions and the job fair, please visit: http://www.stafficons.com
new jersey, job, job hunting, new jersey news, darla miles
- Residents warned to look out for black ice 44 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots! 35 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Avonte's mother continues search with new headquarters 42 min ago
- Limited 7 train service on entire line
- Tourist who lost leg in taxi crash sues city 44 min ago
- Fire inside the Marriott Marquis in Times Square
- Man struck and killed by car on LIE
- Flu shots could be mandatory for NYC kids
- Photos: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures
- WestJet plays Santa to 250 lucky passengers
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Residents warned to look out for black ice
44 min ago
- Tourist who lost leg in taxi crash sues city
44 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
35 min ago
- Avonte's mother continues search with new...
42 min ago