New Jersey News
Hundreds of jobs available at local arenas
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (WABC) -- A job fair in New Jersey didn't go exactly as expected on Thursday.
Hundreds of positions are available at local stadiums and arenas, and you don't need any experience.
With the struggling economy, the employers can't figure out why there was such a low turnout.
Temporary jobs are available here at MetLife Stadium, Red Bull Arena, and the PNC Bank Arts Center, making $3,000 to $4,000.
Applicants can start working as early as Tuesday, but frankly, the staffing agency in Paramus say they expected a bigger response from people who need a job.
This is the silent fury of filling out a job application, heads are bent, pens are racing, and a few people may even break a sweat.
20-year-old Anthony Melendez is a definitely bundle of nerves.
"I had no idea it was going to be this job, but it was really hard," said Anthony Melendez, a Newark resident.
The two dozen people who showed up at Staff Icons in Paramus Thursday morning are hungry, but the agency still doesn't have enough bodies for the all of the positions they need to fill: 250 slots.
"We want them to show up in mass, offering a solution," said Kevin Cannon, of Staff Icons.
These are temporary jobs, paying $10 working at concession stands for stadium events.
There is no formal interview, applicants just need to register.
Those who sell alcohol will need to take a one-day training class.
However, Cannon says the agency does get a large response from professionals like teachers, even engineers who are looking to make ends meet.
Remember, do not call or show up to MetLife Stadium, you have to register with Staff Icons in Paramus.
They are hosting another open house Friday in Paramus from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
For more information on the available positions and the job fair, please visit: http://www.stafficons.com
new jersey, job, job hunting, new jersey news, darla miles
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos