New Jersey News
Man arrested in NJ hit and run that left officer critical
NEWARK (WABC) -- Police in Newark arrested a hit-and-run driver accused of running over a corrections officer.
Within a few hours of the crash, police arrested 28-year-old Keith Johnson.
He faces several charges, including leaving the scene, and driving with a suspended license.
Investigators say Johnson struck 40-year-old Victor Gomez, who works at Northern State Prison in Newark, as he was walking on Bloomfield Avenue.
The officer remains in critical condition.
new jersey, newark, police officer injured, hit and run accident, new jersey news
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park