New Jersey News
Man arrested in NJ hit and run that left officer critical
NEWARK (WABC) -- Police in Newark arrested a hit-and-run driver accused of running over a corrections officer.
Within a few hours of the crash, police arrested 28-year-old Keith Johnson.
He faces several charges, including leaving the scene, and driving with a suspended license.
Investigators say Johnson struck 40-year-old Victor Gomez, who works at Northern State Prison in Newark, as he was walking on Bloomfield Avenue.
The officer remains in critical condition.
new jersey, newark, police officer injured, hit and run accident, new jersey news
- Possible 'knockout' attack victim speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in Jersey City fire
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- Cardinal Dolan supports universal pre-k
- Cars burglarized at gyms in Wyckoff and Ridgewood
- Man speaks about shooting would-be burglar
- FDNY battery giveaway for smoke, CO detectors
- Photos: Mariano Rivera's career in pictures
- Spinning class and karaoke all in one
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos