New Jersey News
Police officer injured in accident
HALDEON (WABC) -- Authorities in Passaic County are investigating an accident involving a police officer.
The accident happened around 3:00 p.m. at Pompton Road and Circle Avenue in Haldeon.
The officer for the Passaic County Sheriff's Office was riding a police motorcycle when an SUV struck him.
Authorities said Cpl John Pierson was performing a traffic detail on a motorcycle when the accident happened.
Pierson, 46 of Pompton Lakes, is a 16 year veteran of the Sheriff's Office.
He was being treated for his injuries at St Joseph's Medical Center in Paterson. The injuries are considered non-life threatening.
No one has been charged. The crash is under investigation.
new jersey, passaic county, accident, police officer injured, new jersey news
- Newtown 911 calls released
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Mayor-elect de Blasio names deputy mayor
- Moriches boat crash injures 3 fishermen
- Search for missing teenager in Linden, New Jersey
- Woman's body discovered in Rochelle Park
- Wake for one of high school sweethearts killed in crash
- 5-year old girl from East Harlem missing
- Prospect Park Zoo welcomes two new Zebus
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds 39 min ago
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos