New Jersey News
Funeral Friday for NJ soldier killed in Afghanistan
NEWARK, N.J. (WABC) -- Funeral services will be held Friday for an Army National Guard member from New Jersey killed in action in Afghanistan.
Wake services were held in Newark Thursday night for Staff Sergeant Jorge Oliveira.
He was killed during an attack on his unit in the Paktika Province.
Oliveira, who was also an Essex County Sheriff's detective, was on his third deployment.
He was 33 years old.
new jersey, soldier killed, afghanistan, new jersey news
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- Third grader hit and killed by truck, driver charged
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Photos: Pan Am 103 bombing
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- NASA astronauts make spacewalk for urgent repairs 3 min ago
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
13 min ago