New Jersey News
Funeral Friday for NJ soldier killed in Afghanistan
NEWARK, N.J. (WABC) -- Funeral services will be held Friday for an Army National Guard member from New Jersey killed in action in Afghanistan.
Wake services were held in Newark Thursday night for Staff Sergeant Jorge Oliveira.
He was killed during an attack on his unit in the Paktika Province.
Oliveira, who was also an Essex County Sheriff's detective, was on his third deployment.
He was 33 years old.
new jersey, soldier killed, afghanistan, new jersey news
- School bus overturns in Brooklyn 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman 40 min ago
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway 59 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues 37 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store 41 min ago
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident 35 min ago
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
59 min ago