New Jersey News
Funeral Friday for NJ soldier killed in Afghanistan
NEWARK, N.J. (WABC) -- Funeral services will be held Friday for an Army National Guard member from New Jersey killed in action in Afghanistan.
Wake services were held in Newark Thursday night for Staff Sergeant Jorge Oliveira.
He was killed during an attack on his unit in the Paktika Province.
Oliveira, who was also an Essex County Sheriff's detective, was on his third deployment.
He was 33 years old.
new jersey, soldier killed, afghanistan, new jersey news
- AccuWeather Alert: Stormy day 4 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy 38 min ago
- Threat prompts lockdown at Saddle Brook schools 19 min ago
- UK: London terror attack suspects had been probed
- West Point soldier charged with videotaping women
- Truck driver helps catch hit-and-run suspect in Queens
- Anthony Weiner courts voters in Harlem Thursday 22 min ago
- Queens businessman kidnapped and tortured 59 min ago
- Operation Swill: cheap booze in premium liquor bottles
- Photos: Accuweather forecast in pictures
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Anthony Weiner courts voters in Harlem...
22 min ago
- AccuWeather Alert: Stormy day
4 min ago