New Jersey News
Elderly couple dies in Teaneck house fire
TEANECK (WABC) -- An elderly couple died in a fast moving fire that quickly tore through a house in New Jersey early Monday.
The blaze broke out inside the Shepard Avenue home in Teaneck just before 6:30 a.m.
Neighbors reported that an elderly couple, believed to be in their 80s, was trapped in the burning building. The wife reportedly has diabetes and both of her legs had been amputated.
Firefighters were unable to rescue the residents, and they were pronounced dead.
Along with the elderly couple, their adult son also lives in the house. But he was reportedly out of town.
The fire may have been fueled by oxygen bottles.
new jersey, teaneck, deadly fire, fire, new jersey news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Hate crime charge in attack on Columbia Univ. professor
- Suspect questioned after body found in container
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Death toll in South Korea ferry tragedy reaches 58
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76 24 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014 27 min ago
- Up Close with Diana Williams
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos