New Jersey News
Elderly couple dies in Teaneck house fire
TEANECK (WABC) -- An elderly couple died in a fast moving fire that quickly tore through a house in New Jersey early Monday.
The blaze broke out inside the Shepard Avenue home in Teaneck just before 6:30 a.m.
Neighbors reported that an elderly couple, believed to be in their 80s, was trapped in the burning building. The wife reportedly has diabetes and both of her legs had been amputated.
Firefighters were unable to rescue the residents, and they were pronounced dead.
Along with the elderly couple, their adult son also lives in the house. But he was reportedly out of town.
The fire may have been fueled by oxygen bottles.
new jersey, teaneck, deadly fire, fire, new jersey news
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death 24 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 21 min ago
- Missing jet drastically veered off course 18 min ago
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam...
21 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos