New Jersey News
Two giraffes, other animals die in NJ
SPRINGFIELD TOWNSHIP, N.J. -- A fire has killed a mother giraffe, its 3-week-old calf and a collection of exotic birds at a New Jersey zoo where the owner's wife died in a fire months ago.
Animal Kingdom Zoo owner Burton Sipp says three dogs and four cats also perished in Sunday night's fire.
It's the second fire to strike the private zoo in central New Jersey's Springfield Township this year. Bridget Sipp was killed in April when a fire burned the couple's log cabin on the property. No animals were hurt then.
Burton Sipp says he flew home from Phoenix early Monday after hearing about this weekend's fire. He says the zoo's seven remaining giraffes are being moved to the Six Flags Great Adventure amusement park for now. He says he hopes to rebuild.
new jersey, fire, animals, new jersey news
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Next City Council Speaker likely Melissa Mark-Viverito
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos