New Jersey News
NJ apt. complex evacuated due to carbon monoxide
TEANECK, N.J. -- Two residents were hospitalized after high carbon monoxide levels forced officials to evacuate a northern New Jersey apartment complex.
Firefighters went to the West Terrace Apartments, a six-unit complex in Teaneck, after a carbon monoxide detector there was activated around 5:40 a.m.
They soon determined that a malfunctioning boiler was causing high levels of carbon monoxide, so they ordered residents to leave their units while the boiler was shut down.
Two residents were taken to a hospital for treatment of undisclosed injuries, while several others declined medical attention at the scene.
Officials say all residents should be able to return to their units by Sunday afternoon.
new jersey, teaneck, evacuation, new jersey news
- Large explosion, fire in East Harlem; at least 16 hurt 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live! 36 min ago
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 2 min ago
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Trial begins for New Jersey man accused of killing daughter
- NYC rape-murder cannibal conspiracy trial headed to jury
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys
- Elderly jaywalker roughed up during arrest due in court
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25