New Jersey News
TSA finds inert grenades in passenger's bag
NEWARK, N.J. -- The Transportation Security Administration says its inspector found five inert grenades in a passenger's checked bag at Newark Liberty Airport. But the agency does not believe they were part of any terror plot.
TSA spokeswoman Lisa Farbstein says the explosives were found in a bag of a Brussels-bound passenger Sunday.
The agency says it's not clear why she was traveling with the weapons and that she surrendered them.
The agency says there were no lockdowns or delays because of the discovery. No arrests were made or are expected to be made.
new jersey, transportation security administration, newark, air travel, airport security, new jersey news
- Queens third grader fatally struck by truck
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos 37 min ago
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire 11 min ago
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Mink coat thieves caught on camera at NYC boutique
- LI nativity theft being investagated as hate crime
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated
- Friday marks Walcott's last day while schools in session
- Baruch frat involved in hazing death gets lifetime ban
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300
- Photos: Staten Island quintuplets through the years