New Jersey News
Baby, 3 adults killed in murder-suicide in New Jersey
BAYONNE, N.J. (WABC) -- The investigation continues into a horrible crime in New Jersey Tuesday.
Four people, including a baby, were killed in the suspected murder-suicide in Bayonne. A fifth person remains hospitalized.
Anywhere from 15 to 20 shots were fired at the home on Avenue A, starting around 7:30 p.m. Monday.
It was a long night for police looking for a motive in the mass murder. The fatalities were identified as 26-year-old Kenia Collado, 31-year-old Jose Guzman and 14-month-old Matthew Guzman. The alleged gunman is Collado's estranged husband, 28-year-old Adepso Collado, who then killed himself.
The fifth shooting victim, Kenia Collado's 25-year-old female roommate, was shot in the arm and rushed to the hospital.
A neighbor says the incident began as a domestic dispute. That man's brother saw the trouble starting outside the house and called police.
"He saw a man sitting at the doorway, open doorway," the neighbor said. "He saw the man force his way in through the door. He saw somebody chasing someone through the glass window. He goes back into the house to call the police and report a domestic dispute. Then he hears the gunshots."
Bayonne Mayor Mark Smith says Collado's two daughters were in the home at the time of the shooting, but they were unharmed.
The Essex County Prosecutors Office is conducting the investigation. Autopsies will be conducted Tuesday.
new jersey, murder, suicide, bayonne, new jersey news, anthony johnson
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking 58 min ago
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes 3 min ago
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Photos: Pan Am 103 bombing
- NASA astronauts make spacewalk for urgent repairs
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
58 min ago