New Jersey News
Baby, 3 adults killed in murder-suicide in New Jersey
BAYONNE, N.J. (WABC) -- The investigation continues into a horrible crime in New Jersey Tuesday.
Four people, including a baby, were killed in the suspected murder-suicide in Bayonne. A fifth person remains hospitalized.
Anywhere from 15 to 20 shots were fired at the home on Avenue A, starting around 7:30 p.m. Monday.
It was a long night for police looking for a motive in the mass murder. The fatalities were identified as 26-year-old Kenia Collado, 31-year-old Jose Guzman and 14-month-old Matthew Guzman. The alleged gunman is Collado's estranged husband, 28-year-old Adepso Collado, who then killed himself.
The fifth shooting victim, Kenia Collado's 25-year-old female roommate, was shot in the arm and rushed to the hospital.
A neighbor says the incident began as a domestic dispute. That man's brother saw the trouble starting outside the house and called police.
"He saw a man sitting at the doorway, open doorway," the neighbor said. "He saw the man force his way in through the door. He saw somebody chasing someone through the glass window. He goes back into the house to call the police and report a domestic dispute. Then he hears the gunshots."
Bayonne Mayor Mark Smith says Collado's two daughters were in the home at the time of the shooting, but they were unharmed.
The Essex County Prosecutors Office is conducting the investigation. Autopsies will be conducted Tuesday.
new jersey, murder, suicide, bayonne, new jersey news, anthony johnson
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 10 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Annual 'Pokey,' 'Schleppie' awards for MTA bus service
- Rangel announces run for 23rd term
- Jersey City main breaks; boil water advisory in effect 36 min ago
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC
- Screw Magazine publisher Al Goldstein dies at 77
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved...
1 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos