New Jersey News
Baby, 3 adults killed in murder-suicide in New Jersey
BAYONNE, N.J. (WABC) -- The investigation continues into a horrible crime in New Jersey Tuesday.
Four people, including a baby, were killed in the suspected murder-suicide in Bayonne. A fifth person remains hospitalized.
Anywhere from 15 to 20 shots were fired at the home on Avenue A, starting around 7:30 p.m. Monday.
It was a long night for police looking for a motive in the mass murder. The fatalities were identified as 26-year-old Kenia Collado, 31-year-old Jose Guzman and 14-month-old Matthew Guzman. The alleged gunman is Collado's estranged husband, 28-year-old Adepso Collado, who then killed himself.
The fifth shooting victim, Kenia Collado's 25-year-old female roommate, was shot in the arm and rushed to the hospital.
A neighbor says the incident began as a domestic dispute. That man's brother saw the trouble starting outside the house and called police.
"He saw a man sitting at the doorway, open doorway," the neighbor said. "He saw the man force his way in through the door. He saw somebody chasing someone through the glass window. He goes back into the house to call the police and report a domestic dispute. Then he hears the gunshots."
Bayonne Mayor Mark Smith says Collado's two daughters were in the home at the time of the shooting, but they were unharmed.
The Essex County Prosecutors Office is conducting the investigation. Autopsies will be conducted Tuesday.
new jersey, murder, suicide, bayonne, new jersey news, anthony johnson
- Missing plane may have turned back 28 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Violence in Bronx leaves 1 dead, 1 injured 51 min ago
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Clocks turned ahead one hour 4 min ago
- Stage collapses at California high school: 30-40 hurt
- Sen. Rand Paul wins CPAC presidential straw poll 10 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Missing plane may have turned back
28 min ago