New Jersey News
17 black bears bagged on third day of NJ hunt
TRENTON, N.J. -- New Jersey's six-day bear hunt has passed the halfway mark with 326 bruins bagged so far.
Officials believe rainy weather has kept the numbers down.
Hunters killed 17 bears on Wednesday and 52 on Tuesday. That compares to 257 during the first day of the hunt on Monday.
The state says hunters harvested 592 black bears in 2010.
For information on the 2011 black bear hunt, visit: http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/bearseason_info.htm
To review the State's Comprehensive Black Bear Management Policy, visit: http://www.nj.gov/dep/fgw/pdf/bear/policy_lit/cbbmp7-10.pdf
For information on the 2010 bear harvest results, visit: http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/news/2011/bearseason10_results.htm
For more information on New Jersey's black bears, including tips on avoiding conflicts with bears, visit http://www.njfishandwildlife.com/bearfacts.htm
(The Associated Press contributed to this report)
new jersey, bear hunt, new jersey news
- At least 2 dead, 18 hurt in East Harlem gas explosion 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 30 min ago
- Metro-North service changes due to East Harlem explosion 15 min ago
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase 19 min ago
- Photos: Incredible images from Colorado car chase 19 min ago