New Jersey News
17 black bears bagged on third day of NJ hunt
TRENTON, N.J. -- New Jersey's six-day bear hunt has passed the halfway mark with 326 bruins bagged so far.
Officials believe rainy weather has kept the numbers down.
Hunters killed 17 bears on Wednesday and 52 on Tuesday. That compares to 257 during the first day of the hunt on Monday.
The state says hunters harvested 592 black bears in 2010.
For information on the 2011 black bear hunt, visit: http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/bearseason_info.htm
To review the State's Comprehensive Black Bear Management Policy, visit: http://www.nj.gov/dep/fgw/pdf/bear/policy_lit/cbbmp7-10.pdf
For information on the 2010 bear harvest results, visit: http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/news/2011/bearseason10_results.htm
For more information on New Jersey's black bears, including tips on avoiding conflicts with bears, visit http://www.njfishandwildlife.com/bearfacts.htm
(The Associated Press contributed to this report)
new jersey, bear hunt, new jersey news
- Snow alert issued for New York City
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Obamas to attend Tuesday service for Nelson Mandela
- Brooklyn police shooting leaves suspect wounded
- Yankees open to Brett Gardner trade
- De Blasio, Bratton join Sharpton at Mandela tribute
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Eric Gelinas' OT goal helps Devils beat Rangers
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia