New Jersey News
17 black bears bagged on third day of NJ hunt
TRENTON, N.J. -- New Jersey's six-day bear hunt has passed the halfway mark with 326 bruins bagged so far.
Officials believe rainy weather has kept the numbers down.
Hunters killed 17 bears on Wednesday and 52 on Tuesday. That compares to 257 during the first day of the hunt on Monday.
The state says hunters harvested 592 black bears in 2010.
For information on the 2011 black bear hunt, visit: http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/bearseason_info.htm
To review the State's Comprehensive Black Bear Management Policy, visit: http://www.nj.gov/dep/fgw/pdf/bear/policy_lit/cbbmp7-10.pdf
For information on the 2010 bear harvest results, visit: http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/news/2011/bearseason10_results.htm
For more information on New Jersey's black bears, including tips on avoiding conflicts with bears, visit http://www.njfishandwildlife.com/bearfacts.htm
(The Associated Press contributed to this report)
new jersey, bear hunt, new jersey news
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing teen Muslim girl
- NYPD to end Muslim surveillance program
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Jackie Robinson debut
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Boston marks 1 year since deadly Marathon bombings
- Dog saved from burning home in Brooklyn by FDNY
- 13-year-old bystander shot in head in Brooklyn
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos