New Jersey News
Teenage girl saves 75-year-old man in bowling alley
ROCKAWAY, NJ (WABC) -- New Jersey teen-ager has a new status update to be proud of; she's being called a hero by many in her community.
Christa Fairclough, 16, was bowling with her family in the Morris County town of Rockaway when a 75-year-old man collapsed in the next lane.
He stopped breathing and Christa sprang into action, giving the man CPR, which she recently learned at school.
"I walked over and tapped him on the chest three times and said, 'Are you ok, are you ok?'" she says.
Fairclough says she did two rounds of CPR before the man started breathing again.
The police department has recognized her heroism.
new jersey, hero, teenager, morris county, new jersey news
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini dies at 51 7 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine 18 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Joe Torre's daughter catches child from awning
- Teacher charged with rape of student in the Bronx
- Leonia firehouse reopens after sex assault
- UFT endorses Thompson for NYC mayor
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Upstate NY men accused of trying to make X-ray weapon
- Body found near Patriot's home was homicide victim
- Whistle-blower taped guards sleeping at JFK airport
- Photos: James Gandolfini through the years
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine
18 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos