New Jersey News
Teenage girl saves 75-year-old man in bowling alley
ROCKAWAY, NJ (WABC) -- New Jersey teen-ager has a new status update to be proud of; she's being called a hero by many in her community.
Christa Fairclough, 16, was bowling with her family in the Morris County town of Rockaway when a 75-year-old man collapsed in the next lane.
He stopped breathing and Christa sprang into action, giving the man CPR, which she recently learned at school.
"I walked over and tapped him on the chest three times and said, 'Are you ok, are you ok?'" she says.
Fairclough says she did two rounds of CPR before the man started breathing again.
The police department has recognized her heroism.
new jersey, hero, teenager, morris county, new jersey news
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash 7 min ago
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified 30 min ago
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV 41 min ago
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
7 min ago