New Jersey News
NJ soldier killed in Afghanistan
BLAIRSTOWN, N.J. -- The Defense Department says a 30-year-old soldier from northwestern New Jersey has died of wounds suffered when his unit was attacked with an improvised explosive device.
Army Spc. Ronald H. Wildrick Jr. of Blairstown and a second soldier from California were killed in the attack Sunday in Afghanistan's Kunar province.
The military says Wildrick served with the 25th Infantry Division's 3rd Brigade Combat Team out of the Schofield Barracks in Hawaii.
Wildrick's remains are scheduled to arrive Tuesday night at Dover Air Force Base.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, afghanistan, soldier killed, new jersey news
- I-5 bridge collapses into Skagit River 39 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues 37 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Actress Amanda Bynes arrested in Midtown
- Heavy rain sparks flash flooding
- Officer arrested in firebombing of captain's home
- Jury deadlocked on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy attacked by another on city bus, video
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy 59 min ago
- Anthony Weiner starts stumping in mayoral bid 54 min ago
- Rangers stay alive with OT goal against Bruins
- abcnews: 'Extremely Active' Potential For Hurricane...
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Anthony Weiner starts stumping in mayoral bid
54 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
37 min ago