New Jersey News
NJ soldier killed in Afghanistan
BLAIRSTOWN, N.J. -- The Defense Department says a 30-year-old soldier from northwestern New Jersey has died of wounds suffered when his unit was attacked with an improvised explosive device.
Army Spc. Ronald H. Wildrick Jr. of Blairstown and a second soldier from California were killed in the attack Sunday in Afghanistan's Kunar province.
The military says Wildrick served with the 25th Infantry Division's 3rd Brigade Combat Team out of the Schofield Barracks in Hawaii.
Wildrick's remains are scheduled to arrive Tuesday night at Dover Air Force Base.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, afghanistan, soldier killed, new jersey news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act