New Jersey News
Man beaten, robbed in Closter home invasion
CLOSTER, N.J. (WABC) -- Two men posing as FBI agents stormed a house in New Jersey, beating, tying up, and robbing a father of three.
Even more terrifying, the suspects promised they would come back to the Closter home.
"He panicked, he didn't really know what to think," the victim's daughter said.
It's a story that would make most of us panic as well.
Police on Closter Dock Road are now trying to figure out who forced their way into the home at 9 o'clock Wednesday morning, beating a man to the ground and terrorizing him as they robbed his house.
His daughter, whose face Eyewitness News did not show on camera, described the ordeal.
"They said they were from the FBI," the victim's daughter said.
So, he let them him.
She says after her father was beaten, he was tied up, and face down on the ground and then, one man took out a kitchen knife from the house.
"The man threatened him and told him that they were going to slit his throat and cut his ear off," the victim's daughter said.
Fortunately, they never cut his ear off, but they did say they'd be back and they did seem to know a lot of personal information about the family.
"They knew that there were three kids in the house, and they knew that we were all at school," the victim's daughter said.
Neighbors in the quiet community are troubled to say the least, but not entirely surprised.
"The economy is down, and a lot of people are out of work, and I guess this is a prime time," said Bob Maryott, a Closter resident.
"I don't run errands in the late afternoon, I won't leave my teenager alone," said Ilana Saghian, a Closter resident.
The family considers themselves lucky their break-in wasn't much worse.
"He's feeling better, he's just thankful that he's alive," the victim's daughter said.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, home invasion, robbery, new jersey news, stacey sager
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Missing Malaysia plane changed course, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap 47 min ago
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos