New Jersey News
Man beaten, robbed in Closter home invasion
CLOSTER, N.J. (WABC) -- Two men posing as FBI agents stormed a house in New Jersey, beating, tying up, and robbing a father of three.
Even more terrifying, the suspects promised they would come back to the Closter home.
"He panicked, he didn't really know what to think," the victim's daughter said.
It's a story that would make most of us panic as well.
Police on Closter Dock Road are now trying to figure out who forced their way into the home at 9 o'clock Wednesday morning, beating a man to the ground and terrorizing him as they robbed his house.
His daughter, whose face Eyewitness News did not show on camera, described the ordeal.
"They said they were from the FBI," the victim's daughter said.
So, he let them him.
She says after her father was beaten, he was tied up, and face down on the ground and then, one man took out a kitchen knife from the house.
"The man threatened him and told him that they were going to slit his throat and cut his ear off," the victim's daughter said.
Fortunately, they never cut his ear off, but they did say they'd be back and they did seem to know a lot of personal information about the family.
"They knew that there were three kids in the house, and they knew that we were all at school," the victim's daughter said.
Neighbors in the quiet community are troubled to say the least, but not entirely surprised.
"The economy is down, and a lot of people are out of work, and I guess this is a prime time," said Bob Maryott, a Closter resident.
"I don't run errands in the late afternoon, I won't leave my teenager alone," said Ilana Saghian, a Closter resident.
The family considers themselves lucky their break-in wasn't much worse.
"He's feeling better, he's just thankful that he's alive," the victim's daughter said.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, home invasion, robbery, new jersey news, stacey sager
- AccuWeather Alert: Stormy day 46 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy
- Threat prompts lockdown at Saddle Brook schools
- UK: London terror attack suspects had been probed
- West Point soldier charged with videotaping women
- Truck driver helps catch hit-and-run suspect in Queens
- Anthony Weiner courts voters in Harlem Thursday
- Queens businessman kidnapped and tortured
- Operation Swill: cheap booze in premium liquor bottles
- Photos: Accuweather forecast in pictures
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- AccuWeather Alert: Stormy day
46 min ago