New Jersey News
NJ boy dead; police search for hit-and-run driver
LAKEWOOD, N.J. (WABC) -- Police in New Jersey are searching for a hit-and-run driver who killed a 12-year-old boy.
It happened on South Clover Street in Lakewood at about 10:30 p.m. Friday.
Police say the vehicle ran the boy over, then fled the scene.
The boy died a short time later.
The vehicle is described as large and dark, possibly a mini-van, and police say it likely has damage to its front end and a broken windshield.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, lakewood, hit and run accident, new jersey news
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for cause
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Firefighters respond to brush fire near JFK
- LI hospital flooded with phone calls after insulin scare