New Jersey News
Man charged in hit-an-run accident that killed NJ boy
LAKEWOOD, N.J. -- Authorities have made an arrest in connection with a hit-and-run accident that killed a 12-year-old southern New Jersey boy.
Ocean County Prosecutor Marlene Lynch Ford announced Saturday that 40-year-old Jesus Arellano of Lakewood was charged with leaving the scene of a fatal motor vehicle collision.
The charge stems from a Dec. 16 accident in which Edward Juarez was struck and killed while walking to his family's apartment in Lakewood.
Arellano, who authorities say is an illegal immigrant, was being held without bail. It wasn't known if he had retained a lawyer.
Authorities say the arrest came after police conducted a road block near the accident scene. They soon learned a van - covered by a tarp - had been parked at a nearby home since the night the accident occurred.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, lakewood, hit and run accident, arrest, new jersey news
- Authorities: Hofstra student killed by police
- AccuWeather: Showers Show Up
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport
- Vito Lopez says he will resign effective Monday
- Official: Broken rail eyed in Metro North crash 56 min ago
- Police say fatal Greenwich Village shooting a hate crime
- Winning numbers drawn in Powerball jackpot 58 min ago
- Oxbow wins the Preakness Stakes
- Pacers knock out Knicks with win in Game 6
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos