New Jersey News
Missing elderly Newark woman found
NEW YORK (WABC) -- An elderly woman who vanished among the throngs of tourists in Times Square was found Monday near Herald Square.
Police say 73-year-old Nellie Beamon went missing while eating at the Sbarro's on Broadway at 49th Street with her daughter on Saturday.
The daughter got up for a moment, and when she returned, Beamon, who suffers from dementia, was nowhere to be found.
A New York EMS ambulance found the missing woman by Herald Square just before 7 a.m.
The ambulance took her to St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital, where she is listed in stable condition.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark, missing person, new jersey news
- Belmar reopens boardwalk destroyed by Sandy
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Anthony Weiner launches bid to become NYC mayor
- Survivors search nearly done after Oklahoma tornado
- FBI shoots man possibly linked to Boston bomb suspects,...
- Arrest made in East Village bias attack
- Firebomb may have been used on police captain's home
- Connecticut rail service returns to normal
- Funeral to be held Wednesday for slain Hofstra student
- Garcia apologizes for "fried chicken" remark about Tiger
- Kellie Pickler wins Dancing With The Stars
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos