New Jersey News
Two charged after alleged drag racing death in New Jersey
PARAMUS, New Jersey (WABC) -- Two people have been arrested after a fatal car accident in Upper Saddle River, New Jersey.
Police have arrested 26-year-old Salvatore Benanti and 19-year-old Kelsi Tichacek.
According to witnesses, the two suspects, who were traveling together, were seen racing their BMW with another BMW on Rt. 17. One of the cars crashed, and the second driver, 26-year-old Cameron Jalali-Arki was pronounced dead at the scene.
Both cars were said to have been traveling over 100 mph.
Both were charged with hindering apprehension, after police say they lied to them after the incident. The driver, Benanti also faces additional reckless driving charges.
Tichacek was released on her own recognizance. Salvatore Benanti was released on $10,000 bail.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, new jersey news, jen maxfield
- Malaysia Airlines says plane went missing 15 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos