New Jersey News
7-year-old girl, man hurt in Newark shooting
NEWARK (WABC) -- Newark police are investigating a shooting that left two people injured on Sunday.
The incident happened at approximately 9 a.m. inside a home on Astor Street.
Police responded to a report of shots fired and found a 27-year-old Newark man in the stairway suffering gun shot wounds to the arm and buttocks.
A 7-year-old girl also suffered undetermined injuries to her ear when a stray bullet penetrated an apartment through two walls.
It is unclear at this time if the child's injuries were the result of bullet or debris caused by the bullet.
The circumstances surrounding the shooting have yet to be determined and detectives have neither positively identified a suspect nor a motive.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark, shooting, child shot, new jersey news
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- AccuWeather: Much Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 39 min ago
- 2 shot after fight at Garden City nightclub
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Malaysia asks countries for radar data to help find jet
- Here and Now
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos