New Jersey News
10-year-old boy accidentally shot in Keyport
KEYPORT, N.J. (WABC) -- A 10-year-old boy was shot in New Jersey Monday night.
The incident happened on Broad Street in Keyport.
The child's injuries are not life threatening, and the shooting is said to be accidental.
Police say he was playing with the gun when it accidentally went off, striking him in the leg.
He was admitted to Jersey Shore Medical Center, where he needed stitches. He will not need surgery and did not break any bones.
Sources say the gun belonged to his father, and it appears to be legally owned.
The shooting remains under investigation by Keyport Police and the Monmouth County Prosecutor's Office.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, child shot, new jersey news
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos