New Jersey News
10-year-old boy accidentally shot in Keyport
KEYPORT, N.J. (WABC) -- A 10-year-old boy was shot in New Jersey Monday night.
The incident happened on Broad Street in Keyport.
The child's injuries are not life threatening, and the shooting is said to be accidental.
Police say he was playing with the gun when it accidentally went off, striking him in the leg.
He was admitted to Jersey Shore Medical Center, where he needed stitches. He will not need surgery and did not break any bones.
Sources say the gun belonged to his father, and it appears to be legally owned.
The shooting remains under investigation by Keyport Police and the Monmouth County Prosecutor's Office.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, child shot, new jersey news
- AccuWeather Alert: Flash flood warning for NYC 15 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Suspect in custody in Queens bus shooting
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy
- Threat prompts lockdown at Saddle Brook schools 29 min ago
- UK: London terror attack suspects had been probed
- West Point soldier charged with videotaping women
- Anthony Weiner courts voters in Harlem Thursday
- Queens businessman kidnapped and tortured
- Photos: Accuweather forecast in pictures
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Photos: Top Pictures of the Week
- AccuWeather Alert: Flash flood warning for...
15 min ago