New Jersey News
House fire kills man in Roselle, NJ
ROSELLE, N.J. (WABC) -- Authorities say a man found inside a burning northern New Jersey home apparently died from smoke inhalation.
Fire fighters responded to reports of a burning home in Roselle before dawn.
Rescue crews found a man collapsed in the kitchen. He died a short time later.
Fire officials said that Albert Stapperfenne - believed to be in his early 60s - was the only person inside the single-family home when firefighters arrived around 5:20 a.m. Sunday.
The three-alarm fire apparently started in the living room on the home's first floor.
The blaze then spread up the stairs to the attic, causing significant damage to the home before it was contained around 6 a.m.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation, though authorities say it does not appear to be suspicious.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, roselle, fire, new jersey news
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination 26 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap 1 min ago
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- LI hospital warns of possible blood...
26 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos