New Jersey News
House fire kills man in Roselle, NJ
ROSELLE, N.J. (WABC) -- Authorities say a man found inside a burning northern New Jersey home apparently died from smoke inhalation.
Fire fighters responded to reports of a burning home in Roselle before dawn.
Rescue crews found a man collapsed in the kitchen. He died a short time later.
Fire officials said that Albert Stapperfenne - believed to be in his early 60s - was the only person inside the single-family home when firefighters arrived around 5:20 a.m. Sunday.
The three-alarm fire apparently started in the living room on the home's first floor.
The blaze then spread up the stairs to the attic, causing significant damage to the home before it was contained around 6 a.m.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation, though authorities say it does not appear to be suspicious.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, roselle, fire, new jersey news
- LIRR train derails in East River tunnel
- AccuWeather Forecast: Spotty Storm
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Victim of attempted robbery falls out window
- Suspect shot and killed in Newark robbery attempt
- Teacher suspended after alleged sending threatening voicemail
- Passenger arrested after incident on Newark-bound flight
- LI 7-Eleven owners accused of human smuggling
- NYC plans composting program to recycle food scraps
- abcnews: Murnaghans Face Backlash After Sarah's Lung...
- Actor Jeff Garlin won't face vandalism charges in LA
- Photos: Hong Kong-Newark Plane disturbance
- Photos: Miss Connecticut crowned Miss USA
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos