New Jersey News
House fire kills man in Roselle, NJ
ROSELLE, N.J. (WABC) -- Authorities say a man found inside a burning northern New Jersey home apparently died from smoke inhalation.
Fire fighters responded to reports of a burning home in Roselle before dawn.
Rescue crews found a man collapsed in the kitchen. He died a short time later.
Fire officials said that Albert Stapperfenne - believed to be in his early 60s - was the only person inside the single-family home when firefighters arrived around 5:20 a.m. Sunday.
The three-alarm fire apparently started in the living room on the home's first floor.
The blaze then spread up the stairs to the attic, causing significant damage to the home before it was contained around 6 a.m.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation, though authorities say it does not appear to be suspicious.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, roselle, fire, new jersey news
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Next City Council Speaker likely Melissa Mark-Viverito
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos