New Jersey News
New Milford man charged in attempted lurings
TENAFLY (WABC) -- Police in New Jersey have arrested a young man accused of trying to lure girls with money and a promise of modeling. Fortunately, police say none of them took the bait.
Authorities say they were able to track down former New Milford High School honors student Michael Pezzatti quickly, thanks to the help of the victims.
The 20-year-old Pezzatti was identified in a lineup. Tenafly police say he was pulled over for a traffic stop on Wednesday, and that he appeared nervous. The officer reportedly recognized him from a sketch of a suspect wanted in four attempted lurings, one in Dumont, one in Cresskill and two in Tenafly.
Pezzatti allegedly drove up to the girls, possibly in a different vehicle each time, and offered them money or modeling jobs if they got in the car with him to talk about it. All of them reportedly refused.
Pezzatti is currently charged with two counts of luring a child into a motor vehicle in relation to the Tenafly incidents. He is being held on $100,000 bail, and more charges are expected.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, tenafly, dumont, cresskill, luring, new jersey news
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado
- Metro North New Haven Line to be back Wednesday
- Ex-priest arrested after working with kids in NJ
- Wake to be held for slain Hofstra student as questions linger
- Suffolk County parents getting free alcohol test kits
- NJ couple arraigned on animal cruelty charges
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
- blog: Desiree Hartsock on being 'The Bachelorette'
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos