New Jersey News
New Milford man charged in attempted lurings
TENAFLY (WABC) -- Police in New Jersey have arrested a young man accused of trying to lure girls with money and a promise of modeling. Fortunately, police say none of them took the bait.
Authorities say they were able to track down former New Milford High School honors student Michael Pezzatti quickly, thanks to the help of the victims.
The 20-year-old Pezzatti was identified in a lineup. Tenafly police say he was pulled over for a traffic stop on Wednesday, and that he appeared nervous. The officer reportedly recognized him from a sketch of a suspect wanted in four attempted lurings, one in Dumont, one in Cresskill and two in Tenafly.
Pezzatti allegedly drove up to the girls, possibly in a different vehicle each time, and offered them money or modeling jobs if they got in the car with him to talk about it. All of them reportedly refused.
Pezzatti is currently charged with two counts of luring a child into a motor vehicle in relation to the Tenafly incidents. He is being held on $100,000 bail, and more charges are expected.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, tenafly, dumont, cresskill, luring, new jersey news
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside 59 min ago
- New measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos