New Jersey News
New Milford man charged in attempted lurings
TENAFLY (WABC) -- Police in New Jersey have arrested a young man accused of trying to lure girls with money and a promise of modeling. Fortunately, police say none of them took the bait.
Authorities say they were able to track down former New Milford High School honors student Michael Pezzatti quickly, thanks to the help of the victims.
The 20-year-old Pezzatti was identified in a lineup. Tenafly police say he was pulled over for a traffic stop on Wednesday, and that he appeared nervous. The officer reportedly recognized him from a sketch of a suspect wanted in four attempted lurings, one in Dumont, one in Cresskill and two in Tenafly.
Pezzatti allegedly drove up to the girls, possibly in a different vehicle each time, and offered them money or modeling jobs if they got in the car with him to talk about it. All of them reportedly refused.
Pezzatti is currently charged with two counts of luring a child into a motor vehicle in relation to the Tenafly incidents. He is being held on $100,000 bail, and more charges are expected.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, tenafly, dumont, cresskill, luring, new jersey news
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup 4 min ago
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto 1 min ago
- Obama to pay tribute to Mandela in South Africa
- Tough new NYC cockroaches can withstand winter cold
- MTA announces new safety measures after derailment
- Newtown groups open week of 'acts of kindness' 28 min ago
- Joe Torre elected to Baseball Hall of Fame 58 min ago
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area 41 min ago
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
4 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos