New Jersey News
Jurors to get ID of 2nd man in Rutgers webcam case
NEW BRUNSWICK -- Potential jurors in the trial of a former Rutgers student accused of using a webcam to spy on a roommate's intimate encounter will learn the name of the other man in the video.
A judge on Friday decided the man's name will be on a list of potential witnesses on a questionnaire jurors will fill out.
Attorneys customarily provide the lists to ensure no potential juror knows a potential witness.
The man in the intimate encounter with 18-year-old Tyler Clementi has only been publicly identified by his initials. The case became a touchstone for a national conversation about bullying faced by young gays after Clementi killed himself days after the encounter.
Defendant Dharun Ravi attended the pretrial conference in New Brunswick.
Jury selection is set for Feb. 17.
new jersey, rutgers university, tyler clementi, new jersey news
- AccuWeather Alert: Stormy day
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- UK: London terror attack suspects had been probed
- West Point soldier charged with videotaping women
- Truck driver helps catch hit-and-run suspect in Queens
- Oklahoma residents begin hard recovery after tornado
- Anthony Weiner courts voters in Harlem Thursday
- Jersey City boy killed outside home to be laid to rest
- Queens businessman kidnapped and tortured
- Operation Swill: cheap booze in premium liquor bottles
- Photos: Accuweather forecast in pictures
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma