New Jersey News
Jurors to get ID of 2nd man in Rutgers webcam case
NEW BRUNSWICK -- Potential jurors in the trial of a former Rutgers student accused of using a webcam to spy on a roommate's intimate encounter will learn the name of the other man in the video.
A judge on Friday decided the man's name will be on a list of potential witnesses on a questionnaire jurors will fill out.
Attorneys customarily provide the lists to ensure no potential juror knows a potential witness.
The man in the intimate encounter with 18-year-old Tyler Clementi has only been publicly identified by his initials. The case became a touchstone for a national conversation about bullying faced by young gays after Clementi killed himself days after the encounter.
Defendant Dharun Ravi attended the pretrial conference in New Brunswick.
Jury selection is set for Feb. 17.
new jersey, rutgers university, tyler clementi, new jersey news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges coming in death of Baruch College student, prosecutor... 9 min ago
- Barrios-Paoli tapped to head health and human services
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral 17 min ago
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- George Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker after big loss
- Software engineer teaches homeless man how to code
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire
- Charges coming in death of Baruch College...
9 min ago