New Jersey News
Jurors to get ID of 2nd man in Rutgers webcam case
NEW BRUNSWICK -- Potential jurors in the trial of a former Rutgers student accused of using a webcam to spy on a roommate's intimate encounter will learn the name of the other man in the video.
A judge on Friday decided the man's name will be on a list of potential witnesses on a questionnaire jurors will fill out.
Attorneys customarily provide the lists to ensure no potential juror knows a potential witness.
The man in the intimate encounter with 18-year-old Tyler Clementi has only been publicly identified by his initials. The case became a touchstone for a national conversation about bullying faced by young gays after Clementi killed himself days after the encounter.
Defendant Dharun Ravi attended the pretrial conference in New Brunswick.
Jury selection is set for Feb. 17.
new jersey, rutgers university, tyler clementi, new jersey news
- At least 2 dead, 28 hurt in East Harlem explosion 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 40 min ago
- Metro-North service changes due to East Harlem explosion
- Video: Emergency personnel investigating East...
- Video: How will the East Harlem explosion affect...
- Video: Building explosion rattles East Harlem
- Video: De Blasio: Gas leak complaint came in 15...
- Video: Residents near East Harlem explosion...
- Video: Woman hears East Harlem Explosion, thought...
- raw video: Viewer video from East Harlem explosion site
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination