New Jersey News
NJ Marine killed in Afghanistan helicopter crash
WOODBRIDGE, N.J. (WABC) -- Federal officials say a central New Jersey man was among six Marines killed when their helicopter went down this week in Afghanistan.
The Department of Defense says 25-year-old Cpl. Kevin Reinhard of Woodbridge Township died Thursday while supporting combat operations in the Helmand province.
Reinhard and the other Marines were assigned to Marine Heavy Helicopter Squadron 363, Marine Aircraft Group 24, 1st Marine Aircraft Wing, III Marine Expeditionary Force based in Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii.
Family members say Reinhard had enlisted in the Marines in the spring of 2008 and was serving his second tour of duty overseas. He was due to return home to New Jersey in a few weeks.
Reinhard was a 2005 graduate of St. Joseph High School in Metuchen, where he played on the volleyball team.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, afghanistan, new jersey news
- UK: Victim in London attack was serving soldier
- AccuWeather: Stormy day
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- West Point soldier charged with videotaping women
- Truck driver helps catch hit-and-run suspect in Queens
- Oklahoma residents begin hard recovery after tornado
- Anthony Weiner to court voters in Harlem Thursday
- Jersey City boy killed outside home to be laid to rest
- Queens businessman kidnapped and tortured
- Operation Swill: cheap booze in premium liquor bottles
- abcnews: Oklahoma tornado: Before and after photos
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help