New Jersey News
100 evacuated after dangerous gas main break
JERSEY CITY (WABC) -- A volatile situation now diffused in Jersey City after a dangerous gas leak.
A high pressure gas main started leaking around 11:30 a.m. on Sunday.
One fire chief on the scene said the gas reached near explosive levels.
That led to the evacuation of about 100 residents along Pacific Avenue.
No one was injured and most of those people are now back in their homes.
Crews from PSE&G are working to repair the break.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, gas leak, jersey city, evacuation, new jersey news
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado
- Where is Charles Butler?
- Investigation follows police shooting of student
- Metro North New Haven Line to be back Wednesday
- Rally held after West Village hate crime murder
- Worker injured after forklift swallowed by sinkhole
- blog: Desiree Hartsock on being 'The Bachelorette'
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Photos: Lee Goldberg explains Oklahoma's tornado...
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos