New Jersey News
100 evacuated after dangerous gas main break
JERSEY CITY (WABC) -- A volatile situation now diffused in Jersey City after a dangerous gas leak.
A high pressure gas main started leaking around 11:30 a.m. on Sunday.
One fire chief on the scene said the gas reached near explosive levels.
That led to the evacuation of about 100 residents along Pacific Avenue.
No one was injured and most of those people are now back in their homes.
Crews from PSE&G are working to repair the break.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, gas leak, jersey city, evacuation, new jersey news
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen