New Jersey News
4 arrested, 4 sought in Paterson robberies
PATERSON, N.J. (WABC) -- There were some arrests made in the ring of taxi cab and delivery men robberies, but police are still looking for some of the women's accomplices.
The rash of attack happened in Paterson.
One of the victims was a Domino's delivery man.
He was savagely pistol whipped for $10 in his pocket and the pizza he was innocently delivering.
Police believe a group of young and violent thugs have been terrorizing the streets of Paterson recently.
Basically preying on those trying to make an honest living.
There are arrest warrants for 20-year-old Nakeem Brown, 18-year-old Lyndon Hightower, and 19-year-old Edward Porter, also known as "Money Bags".
Detectives believe they and their friends have been targeting bodega owners, cab drivers and fast food delivery men.
Investigators say the teenage girls would lure the victims to certain locations where the men would be waiting with guns in hand.
On Friday, police got their first break when they arrested 34-year-old Kizzy Gonzalez.
Monday night, 18-year-old Breonna Jackson and 20-year-old Khadir Jackson turned themselves in.
Also now in custody, is 22-year-old Lamar Adamson.
Authorities are still searching for four others.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, paterson, robbery, new jersey news, lucy yang
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls 26 min ago
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying 35 min ago
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster 56 min ago
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry...
56 min ago