New Jersey News
New charges filed against alleged NJ firebomber
HACKENSACK (WABC) -- Authorities in northern New Jersey say a teenager charged in the firebombings of two synagogues plotted a similar attack on a Jewish community center.
The suspect is facing additional charges after police say they have now linked him to another attempted attack on the Jewish community center.
A potentially dangerous arsenal of Molotov cocktails was discovered, Bergen County, investigators say in the woods within 100 yards of the Jewish Community Center of Paramus.
"These are Samuel Adams bottles with red bandana wicks," said John Molinelli, Bergen County Prosecutor.
Also disturbing, they reveal a video in which Anthony Graziano is caught on cameras outside the center January 7th leaving aerosol paint cans near the door.
It was a third target police say they have linked to Graziano's alleged string of attacks against Jewish facilities.
Investigators have found even more searching Graziano's seized computers.
"He was looking at how to make Molotov cocktails, how to burn down a building," Molinelli said.
This new evidence, including water bottles filled with gasoline were found after Graziano was arrested January 25th.
The Bergen County prosecutor is ordering a 10-mile sweep of Jewish facilities near Graziano's Lodi home after he was accused of firebombing the home of a Rutherford rabbi who suffered burns in the attack.
"The likelihood is this was getting worse," Molinelli said.
Graziano now faces new charges including attempted aggravated arson and bias intimidation which could add 15 more years on to what could be 95 years in prison if he's convicted.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, rutherford, rabbi, synagogue, hate crime, synagogue firebombing, new jersey news, tim fleischer
- Anthony Weiner launches bid to become NYC mayor
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Survivors search nearly done after Oklahoma tornado
- FBI shoots man possibly linked to Boston bomb suspects,... 51 min ago
- Arrest made in East Village bias attack
- Firebomb may have been used on police captain's home
- Accident involving fire truck at accident-prone corner
- Connecticut rail service returns to normal
- Funeral to be held Wednesday for slain Hofstra student
- Garcia apologizes for "fried chicken" remark about Tiger 36 min ago
- Kellie Pickler wins Dancing With The Stars
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma