New Jersey News
Gunfire leaves two dead in Paterson
PATERSON (WABC) -- A deadly shooting early this morning rocked a community in New Jersey.
Four people were shot outside an all-night restaurant at Broadway and Summer Street in Paterson just after 3:30 a.m.
Two men died from their wounds. Two others were wounded, but their injuries were not life threatening. One of them was treated and released from the hospital.
Police said a large group of people had gathered outside the restaurant prior to the shooting. What sparked the gunfire was still unclear.
Paterson Police Lt. Richard Reyes says Taheen Taylor and Dashon Adamson, both 22-year-old city residents, were killed in the shooting.
The names of the other two victims were not disclosed.
Reyes says a 20-year-old city man was shot in the side, while a 19-year-old city man was hit in the leg. The older man was treated at a hospital and released later Saturday morning, but the 19-year-old remained hospitalized Saturday afternoon.
No arrests had been made as of Saturday afternoon. And authorities would not disclose what type of weapon was used and how many shots were fired overall.
The shooting occurred near a residential area. Witnesses say blood stains were still visible at several spots along the roadway, along with police markers.
The killing comes just a couple of weeks after another shooting at the same intersection that left two people wounded.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, paterson, shooting, crime, murder, new jersey news, marcus solis
- 4 injured, including child in Bronx fire
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse
- String of carjackings in Elizabeth
- Triple stabbing at Stamford High School
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos