New Jersey News
Police shoot suspect in New Brunswick
NEW BRUNSWICK, N.J. (WABC) -- The Middlesex County Prosecutor's Office is investigating a police-involved shooting that happened Tuesday evening in New Brunswick.
Two New Brunswick police officers, whose names are being withheld, were on routine patrol when they came upon the scene of an altercation at the corner of Remsen Avenue and Seaman Street in New Brunswick at 6:14 p.m.
The New Brunswick Police Department further reported that one of the individuals was believed to have had a gun and was believed to have fired shots.
The officers then fired shots and wounded the man, who was rushed to Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in unknown condition.
One witness says he heard three or four shots fired.
The officers were not injured.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, police shooting, new brunswick, new jersey news
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual 35 min ago
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold 45 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case 7 min ago
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Metro-North derailment sparks rules review
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Mega Millions jackpot grows to $400 Million
- Dealing with bitter blast with no heat
28 min ago
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
45 min ago