New Jersey News
Dad on the run after hitting daughter with brick
BRICK (WABC) -- Police in New Jersey are looking for a father accused of hitting his daughter with a brick.
Authorities say 25-year-old Edward Smith, of Hamilton Township, is on the run after he injured his 3-year-old daughter when he threw the brick during a fight with the girl's mother.
The little girl lost a tooth and cut her upper lip so badly she needed stitches.
Police say it doesn't appear Smith was intentionally trying to hurt the girl, but he reportedly violated a restraining order when he went to his ex-girlfriend's apartment in Ocean Township.
Smith left when the woman told him to leave, but then grabbed a landscaping brick and threw it through a sliding glass door.
He then allegedly re-entered the apartment and broke the woman's cell phone before stealing her car.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, child injured, new jersey news
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen