New Jersey News
Dad on the run after hitting daughter with brick
BRICK (WABC) -- Police in New Jersey are looking for a father accused of hitting his daughter with a brick.
Authorities say 25-year-old Edward Smith, of Hamilton Township, is on the run after he injured his 3-year-old daughter when he threw the brick during a fight with the girl's mother.
The little girl lost a tooth and cut her upper lip so badly she needed stitches.
Police say it doesn't appear Smith was intentionally trying to hurt the girl, but he reportedly violated a restraining order when he went to his ex-girlfriend's apartment in Ocean Township.
Smith left when the woman told him to leave, but then grabbed a landscaping brick and threw it through a sliding glass door.
He then allegedly re-entered the apartment and broke the woman's cell phone before stealing her car.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, child injured, new jersey news
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island 26 min ago
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside 5 min ago
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death 16 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Missing Malaysia plane changed course, military says 33 min ago
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos