New Jersey News
Dad on the run after hitting daughter with brick
BRICK (WABC) -- Police in New Jersey are looking for a father accused of hitting his daughter with a brick.
Authorities say 25-year-old Edward Smith, of Hamilton Township, is on the run after he injured his 3-year-old daughter when he threw the brick during a fight with the girl's mother.
The little girl lost a tooth and cut her upper lip so badly she needed stitches.
Police say it doesn't appear Smith was intentionally trying to hurt the girl, but he reportedly violated a restraining order when he went to his ex-girlfriend's apartment in Ocean Township.
Smith left when the woman told him to leave, but then grabbed a landscaping brick and threw it through a sliding glass door.
He then allegedly re-entered the apartment and broke the woman's cell phone before stealing her car.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, child injured, new jersey news
- Teacher charged with rape of student in the Bronx
- AccuWeather Forecast: Comfortable 51 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Dave Jennings, former Giants punter, dies 22 min ago
- Man shot multiple times in Nassau County
- At least 6 hurt when car jumps curb in East Village
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Woman allegedly kicks police dog in teeth
- American Medical Association calling obesity a disease 22 min ago
- Men's Warehouse fires founder/spokesman George Zimmer 9 min ago
- Natura recalls all brands of dry pet food
- Slim Whitman, country singer, dies
- Photos: Most endangered historic places
- AccuWeather Forecast: Comfortable
51 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos