New Jersey News
Security breach briefly closes NJ airport terminal
NEWARK, N.J. (WABC) -- The Transportation Security Administration says an airline employee has caused a security breach that briefly closed a terminal at Newark Liberty International Airport.
Spokeswoman Lisa Farbstein says a worker going through security screening exited the checkpoint before completing the process at 11 a.m. Wednesday in Terminal A.
The woman was found just before 1 p.m. and rescreened. The terminal reopened shortly afterward.
The TSA rescreened about 190 passengers in the terminal who were waiting to board flights.
On Tuesday, the TSA said it was pursuing disciplinary actions against six baggage screeners at the Newark airport, including some suspected of sleeping during their shifts. The employees have been suspended from screening duties while the cases proceed.
Newark is one of the nation's busiest airports.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark, newark international airport, newark liberty international airport, transportation security administration, tsa, new jersey news
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks 43 min ago
- Malaysian Airlines asks for help in hunt for missing plane 39 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Brothers plead guilty in Orthodox Jewish divorce scandal 11 min ago
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Good Samaritans rescue woman from burning car
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- LI hospital warns of possible blood...
7 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos