New Jersey News
Security breach briefly closes NJ airport terminal
NEWARK, N.J. (WABC) -- The Transportation Security Administration says an airline employee has caused a security breach that briefly closed a terminal at Newark Liberty International Airport.
Spokeswoman Lisa Farbstein says a worker going through security screening exited the checkpoint before completing the process at 11 a.m. Wednesday in Terminal A.
The woman was found just before 1 p.m. and rescreened. The terminal reopened shortly afterward.
The TSA rescreened about 190 passengers in the terminal who were waiting to board flights.
On Tuesday, the TSA said it was pursuing disciplinary actions against six baggage screeners at the Newark airport, including some suspected of sleeping during their shifts. The employees have been suspended from screening duties while the cases proceed.
Newark is one of the nation's busiest airports.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark, newark international airport, newark liberty international airport, transportation security administration, tsa, new jersey news
- 51 people confirmed dead in Okla. tornado 39 min ago
- Where is Charles Butler?
- Elderly man falls in Hudson off of Pier 84
- Investigation follows police shooting of student
- Metro North New Haven Line to be back Wednesday
- Worker injured after forklift swallowed by sinkhole
- Person of interest ID'd in deadly Queens bus shooting
- blog: Desiree Hartsock on being 'The Bachelorette'
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- Photos: Photos from the Billboard Awards
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers