New Jersey News
Security breach briefly closes NJ airport terminal
NEWARK, N.J. (WABC) -- The Transportation Security Administration says an airline employee has caused a security breach that briefly closed a terminal at Newark Liberty International Airport.
Spokeswoman Lisa Farbstein says a worker going through security screening exited the checkpoint before completing the process at 11 a.m. Wednesday in Terminal A.
The woman was found just before 1 p.m. and rescreened. The terminal reopened shortly afterward.
The TSA rescreened about 190 passengers in the terminal who were waiting to board flights.
On Tuesday, the TSA said it was pursuing disciplinary actions against six baggage screeners at the Newark airport, including some suspected of sleeping during their shifts. The employees have been suspended from screening duties while the cases proceed.
Newark is one of the nation's busiest airports.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark, newark international airport, newark liberty international airport, transportation security administration, tsa, new jersey news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead 20 min ago
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- NJ police investigating deadly skydiving accident 20 min ago
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon 21 min ago
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation