New Jersey News
Massive blaze in Long Branch, NJ
LONG BRANCH, New Jersey -- Several people have been left homeless after a massive multialarm fire destroyed a four-story apartment building in a Jersey Shore community.
Long Branch officials say no injuries have been reported in the blaze, which broke out around 10:30 a.m. Monday in a building near Brighton and Ocean Avenues in the Monmouth County town. The fire apparently started in a dance studio, which also was destroyed, and later spread to the apartment building and another nearby three-story building.
Dozens of firefighters from Long Branch and several nearby towns battled the blaze for several hours, and many were still working at the scene early Monday night. But most of the fire had reportedly been brought under control.
It wasn't immediately known how many people lived in the apartment building.
LINK: PHOTOS OF FIRE
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, fire, long branch, new jersey news
- FDNY rescues worker trapped in Queens trench 49 min ago
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather Forecast: Thunderstorms
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Arrest in deadly stabbing of livery cab driver
- Stabbing reported near Times Square
- NSA director says plot against Wall Street foiled 37 min ago
- FBI releases new footage in Times Square bomb
- LIRR cancels 21 trains for evening rush
- Body found in lake where Conn. photographer went missing
- Chrysler agrees to recall Jeeps at risk of fire
- Leonia firehouse shut in wake of sex assault
- Photos: Hong Kong-Newark Plane disturbance
- Photos: Miss Connecticut crowned Miss USA
- NSA director says plot against Wall Street...
37 min ago