New Jersey News
Massive blaze in Long Branch, NJ
LONG BRANCH, New Jersey -- Several people have been left homeless after a massive multialarm fire destroyed a four-story apartment building in a Jersey Shore community.
Long Branch officials say no injuries have been reported in the blaze, which broke out around 10:30 a.m. Monday in a building near Brighton and Ocean Avenues in the Monmouth County town. The fire apparently started in a dance studio, which also was destroyed, and later spread to the apartment building and another nearby three-story building.
Dozens of firefighters from Long Branch and several nearby towns battled the blaze for several hours, and many were still working at the scene early Monday night. But most of the fire had reportedly been brought under control.
It wasn't immediately known how many people lived in the apartment building.
LINK: PHOTOS OF FIRE
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, fire, long branch, new jersey news
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery 22 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Missing autistic boy found in Brooklyn
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines