New Jersey News
Marine from northern NJ killed in Afghanistan
NORTH ARLINGTON -- A Marine from Bergen County is the latest New Jerseyan killed in combat operations in Afghanistan.
The Department of Defense says 20-year-old Lance Cpl. Osbrany Montes De Oca of North Arlington died Friday in the Helmand province.
But further details on his death were not immediately disclosed on Monday.
Montes De Oca was assigned to 2nd Battalion, 6th Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force that was based at Camp Lejeune in North Carolina.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, bergen county, north arlington, soldier killed, new jersey news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster 8 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
8 min ago