New Jersey News
2 children dead after dental visits
IRVINGTON, N.J. (WABC) -- Two sets of parents are demanding a criminal investigation into the same dentist in New Jersey.
A child from both families suddenly died after routine visits to the dentist.
"He was my dream.. My future. The light of my life," said Jose Quiej, the patient's father.
Little Juan Quiej was just three years old and suffered cardiac arrest during a routine dental procedure.
His mother watched helplessly as Juan slipped away.
"I started shaking and crying," Antonia Chajchalac-Garcia, the patient's mother said, "To this day, I don't know what happened or why."
She brought her son to Dental Health Associates in Irvington, New Jersey.
The procedure was conducted last week under local anesthesia by Patrick Bamgboye.
His dental license was suspended after a six-year-old patient died under somewhat similar circumstances in 2004.
"This is shocking, and they should have done something in the first place," said Farah Torres, the patient's mother.
Kyneicha Pagan had cerebral palsy and suffered a seizure.
But, his license was suspended for, "Failing to obtain an appropriate medical history, failing to adequately assess the patient's medical condition, and failing to ensure all emergency equipment was available."
Dr. Bamgboye, the board concluded, "Has engaged in repeated acts of negligence."
State regulations allowed the dentist to resume practicing under probation.
Joseph Ginarte is now representing both families.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, irvington, child death, new jersey news, n.j. burkett
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments