New Jersey News
Vote for best beaches in New Jersey
SANDY HOOK, N.J. -- Voting starts on Tuesday for the annual contest to name the 10 best beaches in New Jersey.
People can cast ballots for their favorite stretch of the Jersey shore at the web site www.njtoptenbeaches.org . Winners will be announced just before Memorial Day weekend.
The contest is run by the New Jersey Sea Grant Consortium as a way of making people feel more connected to, and protective of, the state's 127-mile coastline.
The three beachfront municipalities comprising The Wildwoods are the reigning champions in the competition, having won in three of the past four years.
Cast your vote at NJTopTenBeaches.org
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, jersey shore, best beaches, new jersey news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- Search for hit and run driver in fatal crash
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon
- Mayor-elect de Blasio to visit White House
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Budget vote approved in the House
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees