New Jersey News
Boil water advisory in NJ after water main break
WOODBRIDGE (WABC) -- A water main break in Woodbridge, New Jersey, Wednesday morning prompted a boil water advisory for parts of the state until 4 p.m. Thursday.
Middlesex Water Company issued the advisory for residents of Fords, Avenel, Woodbridge Proper sections of Woodbridge Township and the Clara Barton section of Edison Township due to the broken 16-inch water main on Route 35, which caused service interruptions and loss of water pressure.
Customers are being advised to boil their tap water used for drinking for a period of 1 minute, not including the time it takes to come to a complete boil and let cool.
Customers should boil their water for one minute for the following: drinking, cooking or baking, making ice cubes, taking medication, brushing teeth, washing food, mixing baby formula or food, mixing juices or drinks, feeding pets and all other consumption.
Water does not have to be boiled for the following activities: showering, washing dishes or clothes.
Individuals with severely compromised immune systems, infants or the elderly may be at increased risk and should seek advice about drinking water from their health care providers.
General guidelines on ways to lessen the risk of infection by microbes are available from EPA's Safe Drinking Water Hotline at (800)426-4791.
Middlesex Water crews are working to restore water service to the area, however in the interim, customers may experience lower than normal water pressures.
Customers seeking more information may call the company at 732-634-1500 or check Latest News Updates on the company's website home page at MiddlesexWater.com
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, water main break, woodbridge, new jersey news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash