New Jersey News
Filming starts on 'Jersey Shore' spinoff
JERSEY CITY, N.J. -- The women of MTV's "Jersey Shore" have started filming their new reality show in New Jersey's second largest city.
Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi and Jenni "JWoww" Farley were seen walking around Jersey City's downtown area Saturday, looking at several apartments where they might live while the show is filmed over the next six weeks.
A small crowd of onlookers gathered for what city officials described as "initial filming" for the show, which will follow their adventures in the northern Jersey community. But authorities say no roads were shut down and no problems were reported.
Officials say the show's first full day of filming is planned for Sunday.
The spinoff show initially was planned for nearby Hoboken. But officials there denied the show a film permit, citing safety and quality of life concerns for residents of the city along the Hudson River.
Jersey City officials say the production company in charge of the show will pay for off-duty police officers to provide security and will pay for any additional officers if they are needed. In addition, he said, the production crew won't be taking parking spots from residents but will use pay lots.
Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy has said he believes the show is an opportunity to promote the city.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, jersey city, jersey shore, new jersey news
- Search continues for Malaysia Airlines plane 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search continues for Malaysia Airlines plane
13 min ago