New Jersey News
Mother and Daughter both born on leap-day
NEW JERSEY (WABC) -- Michelle Birnbaum is celebrating her birthday, finally! Technically, it only comes around once every four years.
"I've had eight birthdays, so in leap years I'm eight-years-old, but really I'm 32. Though I like to say I'm 22," Michelle Birnbaum said.
As a leap year birthday girl, Michelle always felt special, until she became pregnant with Rose and the doctor told her the due date was, you guessed it, February 29th!
"I was shocked. I asked the doctor to double check and he said, 'no, Mrs. Birnbaum, it's true.' And he couldn't understand why I was so surprised and I said, 'my birthday is February 29th,' and he said, 'Ooooh! That's amazing,'" adds Birnbaum.
In a non-leap year, when their birthdays don't come around, Michelle and Rose don't sit it out, quite the contrary. The family celebrates on both February 28th and March 1st.
So, a very happy birthday to a very rare pair.
new jersey news, jamie roth
- Designer L'Wren Scott dead in apparent suicide 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Afternoon 10 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over gays 14 min ago
- Los Angeles earthquake felt by residents 55 min ago
- Shelton teen critical after being shot in head 54 min ago
- Cop shoots pit bull in Bronx apartment building
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up 13 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Crimea parliament declares independence after vote
- Chris Brown kicked out of rehab, facing jail time
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over...
14 min ago
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast...
13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Afternoon
10 min ago