New Jersey News
Mother and Daughter both born on leap-day
NEW JERSEY (WABC) -- Michelle Birnbaum is celebrating her birthday, finally! Technically, it only comes around once every four years.
"I've had eight birthdays, so in leap years I'm eight-years-old, but really I'm 32. Though I like to say I'm 22," Michelle Birnbaum said.
As a leap year birthday girl, Michelle always felt special, until she became pregnant with Rose and the doctor told her the due date was, you guessed it, February 29th!
"I was shocked. I asked the doctor to double check and he said, 'no, Mrs. Birnbaum, it's true.' And he couldn't understand why I was so surprised and I said, 'my birthday is February 29th,' and he said, 'Ooooh! That's amazing,'" adds Birnbaum.
In a non-leap year, when their birthdays don't come around, Michelle and Rose don't sit it out, quite the contrary. The family celebrates on both February 28th and March 1st.
So, a very happy birthday to a very rare pair.
new jersey news, jamie roth
- Survivors search nearly done after Oklahoma tornado
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Two more possible bias attacks investigated in New York City
- Accident involving fire truck at accident-prone corner
- Suspected robbery ends with car chase
- Connecticut rail service to return to normal Wednesday
- The return of the Green Card Scammer
- Rangers lose 2-1 to Bruins, now 0-3 in series
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos