New Jersey News
Carjacked vehicles used in armed robberies
KEARNEY, N.J. (WABC) -- There's a warning for drivers in New Jersey to be on guard if you get rear ended.
The people in the car behind you just might be carjackers who use your car for armed robberies.
Now police have video of the suspects in the act.
Gudeep Sing had no idea how dangerous his job was.
Surveillance camera video showed two men bursting in to the Delta Gas Station in Lyndhurst, and the first armed man pointed his gun at Sing.
He gets the cash drawer, hands it to his accomplice, and then roots around for more cash.
When they left, the men escaped in a car stolen in Secaucus several days earlier.
Indeed, the gas station robbery was in the middle of a three-week long crime spree.
Police believe it was by the same men.
The spree included the attempted carjacking of a mother's car in Kearney, and a second robbery and attempted car theft in North Arlington.
Police are worried about the men because of the gun and the brazen nature of the crimes.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, carjacking, robbery, new jersey news, jim dolan
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Suspect arrested in Kansas City highway shootings
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure 22 min ago
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Woman charged Thursday with neglect after living in a van with...
- ObamaCare signups surpass 8 million mark
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- Astronomers spot most Earth-like planet yet 44 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos