New Jersey News
Carjacked vehicles used in armed robberies
KEARNEY, N.J. (WABC) -- There's a warning for drivers in New Jersey to be on guard if you get rear ended.
The people in the car behind you just might be carjackers who use your car for armed robberies.
Now police have video of the suspects in the act.
Gudeep Sing had no idea how dangerous his job was.
Surveillance camera video showed two men bursting in to the Delta Gas Station in Lyndhurst, and the first armed man pointed his gun at Sing.
He gets the cash drawer, hands it to his accomplice, and then roots around for more cash.
When they left, the men escaped in a car stolen in Secaucus several days earlier.
Indeed, the gas station robbery was in the middle of a three-week long crime spree.
Police believe it was by the same men.
The spree included the attempted carjacking of a mother's car in Kearney, and a second robbery and attempted car theft in North Arlington.
Police are worried about the men because of the gun and the brazen nature of the crimes.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, carjacking, robbery, new jersey news, jim dolan
- Jet may have turned; 2 passengers investigated 15 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 27 min ago
- Violence in Bronx leaves 1 dead, 1 injured
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Stage collapses at California high school: 30-40 hurt
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- Jet may have turned; 2 passengers...
15 min ago