New Jersey News
Former police officer found murdered in Jersey City
JERSEY CITY (WABC) -- Police in Jersey City are investigating the death of one of their own.
The retired officer hadn't been seen in a couple of days and that's when his Seaview Avenue neighbors called police.
Police found Frank Goggan, 68, laying face down on his living room floor. Authorities say he had been strangled with an electrical cord and had trauma to his face.
A preliminary autopsy reportedly determined he died of blunt force trauma and strangulation.
Down the street from the scene of the Jersey City house where Goggan lived, Jersey City police showed up at the home of a corrections officer.
It had been broken in to and police say it is somehow connected to the murder of Goggan.
So far, there is no motive and there have been no arrests.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, jersey city, crime, murder, new jersey news
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 1 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash 28 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather...
28 min ago