New Jersey News
Arrests, injuries down at Hoboken St. Patty's
HOBOKEN, N.J. (WABC) -- There were fewer arrests during Saturday's St. Patrick's Day celebrations in Hoboken after the parade was replaced with a pub crawl.
Police say that 34 people were arrested and 136 were taken to the hospital in 2011.
City officials estimate there were half as many arrests this year and 53 injuries.
Organizers canceled the parade after city officials wanted it moved to Wednesday for public safety reasons.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, hoboken, st. patrick's day, new jersey news
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case 45 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area 13 min ago
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- Yonkers family jumps from window to escape fire
- Photos: Family escapes Yonkers fire
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in
- Mega Millions jackpot grows to $400 Million
- FDA pushes to get antibiotics out of meat 40 min ago