New Jersey News
Arrests, injuries down at Hoboken St. Patty's
HOBOKEN, N.J. (WABC) -- There were fewer arrests during Saturday's St. Patrick's Day celebrations in Hoboken after the parade was replaced with a pub crawl.
Police say that 34 people were arrested and 136 were taken to the hospital in 2011.
City officials estimate there were half as many arrests this year and 53 injuries.
Organizers canceled the parade after city officials wanted it moved to Wednesday for public safety reasons.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, hoboken, st. patrick's day, new jersey news
- At least 3 dead, 69 hurt in East Harlem explosion
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Two East Harlem explosion victims identified
- Survivors describe explosion in East Harlem
- Dozens homeless after East Harlem buildings destroyed
- Video: 2 men describe pulling child out of rubble
- Investigators focus on an old cast-iron gas pipeline
- Video: East Harlem Explosion on social media
- Video: Damage throughout neighborhood after East...
- raw video: Viewer video from East Harlem explosion site
- Metro-North service restored after East Harlem explosion
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape