New Jersey News
Targeted shooting kills 2, wounds 2 in New Jersey
ROSELLE (WABC) -- Two people are dead and two others are fighting for their lives after gunfire erupted in New Jersey.
The barrage of bullets rang out outside a home on Walnut Street in Roselle just after 10 p.m. Thursday.
The killer is on the run, and police do not believe the shooting was random.
Friends and family members of the victims were milling around the street overnight, too distraught to talk to reporters.
One victim, 24-year-old Breyon William, died at the scene. Anthony Howard, also 24, was rushed to University Hospital in Newark, where he was pronounced dead. Two other men, an 18-year-old a 25-year-old, were transported to University Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Witnesses say the victims were on or near a porch when four or five shots rang out.
Three of the victims were brothers from Roselle. The fourth, who was shot in the leg and released, was from Newark.
One of the shot men appears to be a reputed member of the Crips gang, who may be the intended target.
Investigators are looking into whether the shooting was in retaliation for the fatal shooting of a 17-year-old on a local soccer field on February 20.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, roselle, shooting, new jersey news, anthony johnson
- Winter Weather Advisory
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Man shot to death in Valley Stream
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide