New Jersey News
Two carjackings within minutes near Lincoln Tunnel
NORTH BERGEN, N.J. (WABC) -- Two suspects are wanted for a carjacking and an attempted carjacking in New Jersey Friday night.
It all started around 8:42 p.m. when the two men allegedly tried to carjack an Aston Martin at River Road and 77th Street in North Bergen.
Two men wearing black bandanas displayed a handgun and ordered the driver to exit the $200,000 vehicle.
The suspects got behind the wheel but were unable to start the car.
They got out and took off in a gold or beige 1998 Nissan. That vehicle was stolen from Jersey City.
10 minutes later in Weehawken, on the Pleasant Avenue ramp near the Lincoln Tunnel, there was another carjacking fitting the same description. This time the suspects took a blue Jaguar.
It was last seen heading west on 495.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, carjacking, new jersey news, jeff pegues
- 3 lanes blocked on GWB due to maintenance
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen