New Jersey News
Two carjackings within minutes near Lincoln Tunnel
NORTH BERGEN, N.J. (WABC) -- Two suspects are wanted for a carjacking and an attempted carjacking in New Jersey Friday night.
It all started around 8:42 p.m. when the two men allegedly tried to carjack an Aston Martin at River Road and 77th Street in North Bergen.
Two men wearing black bandanas displayed a handgun and ordered the driver to exit the $200,000 vehicle.
The suspects got behind the wheel but were unable to start the car.
They got out and took off in a gold or beige 1998 Nissan. That vehicle was stolen from Jersey City.
10 minutes later in Weehawken, on the Pleasant Avenue ramp near the Lincoln Tunnel, there was another carjacking fitting the same description. This time the suspects took a blue Jaguar.
It was last seen heading west on 495.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, carjacking, new jersey news, jeff pegues
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday 58 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey still predicting 2014 role 23 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
58 min ago