New Jersey News
Two drivers shot in NJ, 1 dead
UNION TOWNSHIP, N.J. (WABC) -- Police in New Jersey are investigating two different cases in which drivers were shot; one victim later died.
In the first incident, a woman was shot in the arm near exit 56 along Interstate 78 in Newark.
She drove off the highway.
Police say she suffered a gunshot wound to the arm.
Investigators said they found a weapon inside that vehicle.
A few minutes later and four miles away, a driver crashed his car into a parked vehicle in Union Township off the Garden State Parkway.
The driver had been shot multiple times. He was taken to the hospital where he later died.
New Jersey State Police are investigating, trying to determine if there's a link between the shootings.
Police arrested a man in the area of the first shooting.
John Frazier, 25, of Newark, is charged with receiving stolen property and unlawful possession of weapons.
Police say other charges could be filed against Frazier.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark, union township, crime, shooting, new jersey news
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins 54 min ago
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident